Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Surgery? A Mummy Makeover for Tummy and Breasts after pregnancy may be just what you need to get your body back to firmness.
Longing to get your pre-baby body back? Is Mummy Makeover surgery to repair torn abs and droopy breast tissues really the answer? .
- The truth of pregnancy is that it can really wreak havoc on your body. Impacting your abdominal muscles, tummy skin and breast tissues.
- Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery of the breasts or body should NOT be your first GO TO solution, however.
- Its important to give your body time to adjust, and be sure you eat healthily and exercise.
After you’ve given your body adequate time to recover from pregnancy AND you have reached your IDEAL BMI/stable weight – take stock again.
IF, at that stage of your post-pregnancy healing, you still have sagging, drooping tissues in these areas of the body – surgery MAY be the solution to help you get your pre-baby body contours back. They’ll never be exactly what they were, of course – don’t expect the impossible. But you can certainly get your body or breasts a bit firmer, tighter, smoother and/or more uplifted with a surgical approach such as a Tummy Tuck or Breast procedure.
That noted, plastic surgery is a serious endeavour. Results can vary from person to person and there are risks to consider before consenting.
To find out if surgery is a good solution to meet YOUR body’s ‘post-pregnancy repair’ needs – including;
- repair of torn abdominal muscles.
- diastasis recti or breast ptosis.
phone 1300 264 811 and ask for a confidential, no-obligation consultation with Dr Rebecca Wyten.
What Having Babies Does to Your Body: Why Mummy Makeovers are very Popular Procedures.
Published November 2018, updated in August 2018.
Why do many women seek Plastic Surgery on their ABS, TUMMY SKIN and BREASTS after having children?
- Bringing a wonderful new human life into the world is considered a miracle. While this may be an amazing experience for most mothers, it does have its tribulations.
- After birth, some mothers may start to develop a stretched abdomen, sagging breasts, and extra stubborn fat that won’t seem to budge.
- This can cause depression in some women after pregnancy due to these body changes or just a general feeling of dissatisfaction in their appearance.
- Fortunately, a mummy makeover procedure may help improve certain body areas so that women will be more comfortable with their post-baby body.
What is a Surgical “Mummy Makeover” – and is it Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Surgery?
- A Mummy Makeover is a surgical process of one or more procedures.
- These procedures can either be cosmetic (aesthetic) OR corrective/reconstructive in nature (medically needed to repair tissue damage due to pregnancy).
- It is often best to choose a FRACS qualified Plastic Surgeon for these procedures, due to the complexity of these procedures and the risks involved (remember, a Cosmetic Surgeon is NOT FRACS and is NOT the same as a Plastic Surgeon with hospital operating rights and FRACS/AHPRA recognition as a Specialist Plastic Surgeon).
- Mummy Makeover surgery of the breasts, tummy or thighs can help to reshape, firm and contour a post-pregnancy body that has failed to return to a pre-pregnancy state.
- Breast Augmentation surgery to restore curves and volume to deflated looking breasts is a popular procedure, as is Breast Lift Surgery (with or without breast augmentation using implants) and Abdominoplasty/skin reduction.
- A Mummy Makeover may involve a number of different plastic surgery techniques from breast augmentation, breast fat transfer via liposuction, to Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck procedures or scar minimisation after having a C-section.
- Some patients might decide to combine their procedures, but not every patient is wise to have multiple procedures at once – ask Dr Wyten for details..
READ WHAT PREGNANCY does to your BODY – BREASTS and TUMMY SKIN after Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding
The following Breast Surgery and Tummy Tuck procedures encompass a Mummy makeover Plastic Surgery; but which surgery or surgeries you have, and in what order, is a personal decision made by you and your expert Plastic Surgeon.
Tummy tuck/Abdominoplasty – helps repair torn abs and reduces loose, sagging belly skin (redundant skin)
During pregnancy, your ligament stretches in order to accommodate the growing baby. Unfortunately, the ligament and skin doesn’t return to its pre-pregnant state. This ultimately can lead to abdominal sagging. A tummy tuck procedure may help correct this by surgically removing the roll of loose, stretched skin. For mothers who want a flatter tummy, a tummy tuck may offer lifelong cosmetic solution.
Phone (03) 8849 1444 to arrange a Consultation in Dr Rebecca Wyten’s rooms.
Liposuction for body contouring after pregnancy
For mothers who don’t want to undergo drastic surgical procedures, a minimally invasive procedure known as liposuction can help them achieve their pre-baby body. Liposuction involves the use of a suction device attached to a cannula that is inserted through small incisions created in the fatty areas where it removes excess fat.
Breast lift, reduction and augmentation for reducing sagging breasts or re-volumising droopy, saggy breasts and droopy-looking nipples
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the amount of milk inside the breasts will cause them to stretch and swell.
- Once the milk supply dries up, your breasts may sag and they can become deflated or oversized.
- In order to correct this, a mummy makeover consisting of breast lift, breast augmentation, and / or breast reduction can be performed.
Labiaplasty/Vaginal Rejuvenation for stretched vaginal skin/labia skin or elongated labia
- Not only does pregnancy affect women externally, but also internally.
- For women who had a normal spontaneous vaginal delivery, their vaginal muscles can lose muscle tone because they are stretched beyond the norm during giving birth.
- This could lead to decreased vaginal sensation which can affect the amount of pleasure during sexual intercourse.
In order to address this concern, a mummy makeover procedure known as a labiaplasty or vaginal rejuvenation can be performed. This procedure surgically repairs the structures of the vagina so that it can return to its original state.
There’s also an option for VAGINAL LASER Treatments with a Mona Lisa Touch Vaginal Laser. This involves 3 treatments about 4 weeks apart, over approximately 3 months, and annual maintenance treatments. For Vaginal Laser Treatments, click here (female GP).
For MUMMY MAKEOVER surgery including labiaplasty, phone 1300 264 811 and ask for an appointment with Dr Wyten. She is our female Plastic Surgeon for Mummy Makeovers including;
- Breast Surgery
- Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty surgery
- and Liposuction.
Breast Surgery, Tummy Tuck and Liposuction after pregnancy
Can all of the Mummy Makeover Surgery Procedures be completed in One Operation?
Interestingly, tummy tuck, liposuction, breast procedures, and vaginal rejuvenation can be performed in one operation. Modern techniques have now reduced operating times and new anesthetic drugs are now safer. There are also a number of benefits of performing all procedures at once. First and foremost, it dramatically reduces the recovery time of the patient. Secondly, combining these procedures can also significantly cut total costs.
Of note, combining mummy makeover procedures has been well researched. In one study, Matarasso reported that combining breast surgery and a tummy tuck is very safe because the individual procedures have little adverse impact on one another. Similarly, a study by Stevens and colleagues found that combined tummy tuck and cosmetic breast surgery was safe and effective, and that the complication and revision rates of the combined surgery were similar to individual procedures.
If you are considering a Mummy Makeover or would simply like some more information about any of the mentioned plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures please contact Dr Rebecca Wyten or a Patient Advisor.
Related: What Does Plastic Surgery Cost
Please Consult Dr Rebecca Wyten, Specialist Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon for Further Advice Today.
Each patient is an individual, and each surgery is customised to fit each patient. Please contact us today for any questions or to arrange a consult with Dr Rebecca Wyten. Locationsn Hawthorn or Berwick, Melbourne, Victoria. You may also like to attend one of our Free Monthly Information Events.