What Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery Procedures does Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Rebecca Wyten perform?
Dr Wyten performs complex and advanced Plastic Surgery procedures and cosmetic enhancements of the breast and body. These include Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift and Breast Reduction surgery for reshaping, resizing or re-positioning the breasts or nipples, as well as Body Contouring using Tummy Tuck procedures and Liposuction techniques.
Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery – Breast Enhancement Surgery by Dr Rebecca Wyten
There are usually three key types of breast enhancement procedures. Breast enlargement using fat transfer methods offers a fourth procedure type or an added dimension to breast enlargement surgery but is not performed as frequently as other methods.
Breast Surgery: Cosmetic or Corrective in Nature?
The most popular breast surgery procedures may be chosen for cosmetic purposes OR as corrective/restorative plastic surgery procedures.
It depends on the condition of your skin, health conditions that may lead to medical reasons for surgery, and/or your motives for seeking breast surgery.
- Breast Augmentation using Breast Implants (Motiva or Mentor) and/or Fat Grafting
- Breast Lift Procedures (Mastopexy) with or without added volumisation and augmentation using implants
- Breast Reduction Surgery (Reduction Mammoplasty) including liposuction breast shaping for a better shape
Cosmetic Surgery & Plastic Surgery – Melbourne & Berwick
1. Breast Augmentation or Enlargement using Breast Implants
- Breast Implants have evolved a lot over recent decades, and many women wanting to increase their breast size opt for silicone implants.
- Performed properly and following the 14 point procedure safety guidelines, Breast Implants are considered an effective way to improve breast size for healthy patients who follow pre-surgery and post-surgery instructions.
- Breast Implants can be used alone (most common) or combined with fat transfer if there is a need due to inadequate skin volume to cover an implant.
Remember, if you’re wanting plastic surgery, you should NOT smoke and you should follow a very healthy lifestyle including healthy nutrition on a regular basis, and a fitness regime to maintain a healthy BMI.
That’s because your lifestyle or life changes – such as pregnancy or breastfeeding – will impact your surgery results over time.
Download Our Breast Augmentation Guide
2. Breast Enlargement or Cleavage Enhancement by Fat Transfer (Autologous Fat Transfer to Breasts) for achieving small breast size increases or to assist with contour shaping/cleavage enhancements after augmentation.
- Fat Grafting may be suitable for some patients either on its own or more commonly to enhance a breast enlargement using breast implants.
- It is more often used as an ADDED procedure rather than as a sole procedure for Breast Augmentation.
- Autologous Fat Transfer is a surgical process that involves liposuction harvesting of excess body fat from one area of the body, processing the harvested fat, and then transplanting the processed fat into a different area of the body.
- These might include injecting processed fat into the breasts, buttocks or face, to increase volume or restore lost volume such as occurs with weight changes or body mass index changes.
You can now use fat transfer options to achieve bigger and more shapely breasts without implants.
3. Breast Reduction Surgery (Reduction Mammoplasty)
- There’s rarely a time that women with very large breasts don’t find the situation uncomfortable.
- If this is you, you may begin to consider Breast Reduction surgery options to restore more upper body balance and breast-related back pain/shoulder pain relief.
- Breast Reduction Surgery has many benefits and is a life changing surgery for most women who decide to follow through with their desires for a smaller, more manageable or more symmetrical chest area.
- Some Breast Reduction or Breast Lift procedures may be eligible for Medicare rebates although criteria change on a frequent basis including after November 2018.
Download Our Breast Reduction Guide
4. Abdominoplasty and Liposuction Body Contouring for a Flatter Tummy and Muscle Repair
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is a popular procedure chosen by women after childbirth or significant weight loss has left them with sagging skin folds in their abdominal area, as well as torn abs or bulges of exercise-resistant adipose tissues (fat cells).
- It involves reducing excess skin and body fat in the abdominal area, tightening and realigning the front skin, and diastasis repair, where the abdominal muscles are damaged or torn during pregnancy or other physical traumas to that region of the body.
- The result for many patients after recovery from a Tummy Tuck is a flatter, firmer looking belly area (one that doesn’t bulge as much), a more defined waistline or more visible hip/waistline ratio difference, stronger core muscle strength where split or torn abdominal muscles have been repaired, and sometimes an improvement in symptoms of mild urinary stress incontinence if this was related to muscle weakness and torn abs.
For vaginal related issues, such as lax vaginal skin or dryness, there’s also a procedure using vaginal lasers (Mona Lisa Touch laser treatments).
Download Our Tummy Tuck Guide
5. Labiaplasty (Labioplasty)
- Labiaplasty may sometimes be requested by patients who are uncomfortable with very long labia that protrudes from normal clothing or impedes comfort and skin health during exercise or intimacy.
- Reduction of labia is a possible option for some patients meeting criteria, such as when a patient has long or stretched labia and is distressed by labia skin that protrudes from swimwear and other lower body garments (inner or outer labia).
Please Consult your Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon for Further Advice Today.
Each patient is an individual, and each surgery is customised to fit each patient. Please contact us today for any questions or to arrange a consult with Dr Rebecca Wyten.
Does Dr Wyten perform facial surgery such as Rhinoplasty or Facelifts?
Dr Wyten is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon for women. She focuses her practice on Breast Surgery and Abdominal body shaping surgery including Liposuction.
Dr Wyten is FRACS qualified and internationally trained, but she has chosen to dedicate her current practice to cosmetic procedures for women, specifically breast surgery, autologous fat transfer to breast using liposuction, and Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) procedures.
For Nose Surgeons or Facelift surgeons, visit Plastic Surgeons Group/Melbourne.
Want a highly respected female Melbourne Plastic Surgeon? Get in Touch.
Each individual’s situation is different. What options are best for you, should be best discussed during a consult with Dr Rebecca Wyten.
Your Guide to Plastic Surgery
We also have Free Pdf Guides on Breast Augmentation and other procedures. If you’d like a one or more of these Guides to plastic surgery procedures simply send an enquiry using the form below requesting the downloadable E-Books or phone us on (03) 8849 1444
You can also Join our Monthly E-Newsletter to stay updated on Plastic Surgery news and Anti-Ageing tips, or register for one of our Events.