Breast Augmentation Surgery in Melbourne Victoria by Dr Rebecca Wyten
- Would you like fuller breasts?
- Do you wish your breasts looked more shaped, curvier and larger in size?
- Perhaps you’d like them to be just a bit more proportional to your overall physique and torso?
Breast Augmentation Surgery with Breast Implants or by Fat Transfer can help increase the size and shape of your Breasts. Many women who have a boob job report feeling more feminine and confident about their bodies.
What is Breast Augmentation?
The medical term for Breast Enlargement Surgery or a ‘Boob Job’ is Breast Augmentation Surgery.
The most common form of Breast Augmentation involves placing a smooth round breast implant of about 300-350cc in a small surgically created pocket under the existing breast tissue.
What are the benefits of having a Breast Augmentation?
- Feel more comfortable and confident in bathers or swimsuits or lingerie
- Enjoy more clothing choices and having a more balanced physique
- Feel more self-confident and increased body confidence about your body proportions
- Reduce self-consciousness about going to the beach or wearing fitted clothing
- Regain breast fullness and cleavage that went ‘missing’ after childrearing or breastfeeding
Am I a good candidate for Breast Augmentation with Implants?
Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants may be a suitable choice if you:
- Would you like to have firmer, fuller breasts that fill out a bra or swimsuit?
- have cleavage you can accentuate with beautiful lingerie, bras, swimwear, plunging necklines and other fashions desirable to you.
- Would like having more rounded breasts that may appear more feminine than breasts that sit relatively flat against the chest wall, or which are under-developed, out of proportion or tuberous breasts (puffy or constricted, somewhat pointy-looking breasts)
- Are you dissatisfied with having smallish breasts
- do you feel your breast size doesn’t quite match your body frame?
- or, are you unhappy with changes to your breasts after having children
- have you noticed unwanted changes to breast size or shape after losing weight
- Do you want to even out uneven breasts (asymmetrical breasts or nipples which are noticeably uneven in location)
It is important however to have realistic expectations about what Surgery can achieve in terms of breast enhancement, and this may depend on a number of factors, including how much breast tissue you have, what breast profile you are wanting, and what size will best suit your overall physique.
Breast Augmentation results – Patient Gallery of Dr Wyten
Dr Wyten’s Breast Augmentation Surgical Procedure
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure designed to help improve your breast appearance, or breast profile, often through the use of breast implants. This procedure is also occasionally performed with implants PLUS some autologous fat transfer
There are many choices you have when planning breast augmentation, as mentioned above.
- How much time you will need off from our job will depend on your role but typically 2 weeks off of work or childcare is ideal for many patients – up to 4 to 6 weeks for some, including not exercising for the required period and easing back into your normal exercise routine according to post-surgery instructions
- Implant Type and Implant Brand (Mentor or Motiva are considered quality brands)
- Implant Texture (outer shell texture or smoothness)
- Size of the Breast Implant (300 – 350 is a popular augmentation but it can vary from person to person and your existing body proportions AND breast tissue will be factors in choosing the best implant size for your Breast Augmentation procedure).
- Incision Location (inframammary fold or armpit?)
- Placement – whether the implant goes in front of, or behind the pectoral muscles (or dual plane)
- Surgery can help you to refine, enhance, fill-out or reshape your breasts
- Surgery can revise or reshape and even-out your nipples or your nipple location (this may require a breast lift with implants).
- Sometimes one nipple will point in an entirely different direction than the other nipple, or the breasts will be noticeably uneven – breast surgery can help balance out the breasts.
Breast Implant Options
There are many options for your Breast Implant depending on the Implant Brand. Dr Rebecca Wyten prefers to use Motiva Implants and has also used Mentor and Allergan implants.
- Type of implant filling – Saline or Silicone
- Size of the implant – measured in ml
- Texture of the implant – a range from smooth to textured
- Shape of the implant – Round or Teardrop (Anatomical)
- Projection – low, medium or high profile
Check out the Breast Implant page for more information about Implants
Breast Augmentation via Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting- An Option with Dr Wyten
Fat transfer to Breasts using liposuction may be an option to consider, but for the majority of patients, the reliable size changes they want are better gained via breast implants in one surgical procedure compared with multiple sessions liposuction and fat transfer.
- Not all body fat that is transferred via liposuction and fat-transfer injections will ‘take’ – maybe 30-50% is likely
- Fat grafting may involve a lot more time and effort in terms of surgery theatre visits and even costs over the longer run, for somewhat smaller enlargement.
- But for some patients, it may be a suitable enhancement option.
- A consultation will help you and Dr Rebecca Wyten assess your goals for breast augmentation surgery or fat transfer and which best-practice approach will suit your needs, physique and size goals.
Breast Augmentation using implants results in an increased bra cup size and larger, fuller breast volume, creating a breast size that better matches your body, chest width and desired cleavage/breast curves.
Download the 2022 Breast Augmentation Guide
Breast Implants: Considering Surgery? Get the guide!
Watch the Animated Video of Breast Augmentation with Silicone Breast Implants
Risks and complications of Breast Augmentation Surgery
All Surgery has risks. Breast Surgery has specific risks too.
For safety and better results, it is best to avoid surgery using incisions around the nipple-areola complex and avoid having ‘above the muscle’ implant placement. You should also choose an experienced plastic surgeon – not an under-qualified ‘Cosmetic Surgeon’ or physician.
We generally recommend either ‘below the muscle’ implants and making incisions under the breast for the best breast surgery results if you are going to breastfeed children later in life or want the lowest chance of loss of nipple sensation.
Recovery after Breast Augmentation Surgery
What steps can be taken to minimise pain?
Our approach to recovery is simple. We do whatever we can to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible. Our team is dedicated to keeping you as comfortable as possible during your pre-op sessions, your surgical procedure and your post-operative healing period. Do allow adequate time to recover from your surgery and ask Dr Wyten specifically when you will be able to resume daily activities including driving and exercising.
Above all, ensure you follow all post-op care instructions given to you by your Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
This may include guidelines around:
- physical activity
- physical support such as supportive garments and well-fitting bras
- child care and pet care (get some help for your recovery period and do not lift objects or children until you’re cleared to do so by your Breast Surgeon).
Be sure to seek help immediately if you experience any unusual pain or bleeding and read ALL of your consent forms and surgery data before, and after, your surgery to know what to watch for.
How can Breast Augmentation Scars be minimised?
Scar minimisation technology may be helpful for some types of breast surgery. Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery Dermal Clinicians can offer scar minimisation treatments using Healite II, special lasers and skin rejuvenation treatments. Healite is an award-winning LED technology that facilitates healing and helps rejuvenate the skin. during your post-op healing period. It is very important that you follow your Surgeon’s post-op instructions and allow yourself adequate downtime to heal.
What is the cost of a Breast Augmentation?
A breast enlargement procedure can cost anywhere between $8000 to $20,000 in Australia.
This includes a low-cost range from around $7,500 to $10,000. Mid-range Breast Augmentation costs between $10,000 and $15,000, then lastly, a high-range breast augmentation procedure is generally priced from around $15,000 to up to $20,000+. Largely due to the skills and experience of your specialist plastic surgeon, if they are, in fact, a plastic surgeon, your chosen hospital and the length of the stay post-procedure. Implant quality is also a factor.
Visit the pricing and payments page for more information about paying for your surgery.
Breast Augmentation FAQ’s
Will my Breast Surgery affect breastfeeding later in life?
- We recommend waiting several months after you’ve finished breastfeeding your last child before having breast surgery – typically a minimum of three months after breastfeeding finishes.
Will Breast Augmentation or Breast Enlargement Hurt?
- It can be difficult to predict exactly how much pain you will personally experience after your surgery as there are simply too many variables and pain can also be subjectively different from patient to patient. The short answer is yes, typically there is pain with a procedure but it should be well-managed by Dr Wyten and your Patient Care team. So while you may experience some pain, particularly in the days following your surgery, it should be easily manageable by following your surgeon’s recommendations.
Can I combine my breast augmentation with a tummy tuck?
- If you want to combine breast surgery with other procedures including liposuction, tummy tuck or a Mummy Makeover, consider a combined procedure approach.
- Some patients can combine certain procedures and others may need or choose to have them sequentially, but our Surgeons and their team are highly experienced at combination surgery procedures to help patients get the appearance modifications they are looking for.
- If a post-pregnancy body is your makeover aim, visit our Mummy Makeover page for post-baby body rejuvenation options.
Can a Breast Augmentation look natural with implants?
- How a breast augmentation will look after surgery really depends on what you’re starting with and what increases in size (shape and cup size volume) that you’re wanting to achieve. This includes how much natural breast tissue you have before augmentation surgery and how much skin you have in your chest region that can help cover your new implants.
- You also have a choice of augmentation procedures, although for most desired breast size increases, using good quality breast implants is necessary to get a larger size.
- For natural-looking results, don’t choose a size that will be either overly small OR overly large for your body frame.
- Plastic Surgeon Dr Wyten can assist you in assessing which type, size and shape of breast implant might be a great choice for your breast enlargement goals.
Why choose Dr Rebecca Wyten?
Patients choose Dr Rebecca Wyten (Melbourne, Berwick and convenient to Frankston/Mornington Peninsula) for the following reasons:
- Dr Wyten is “FRACS” qualification meaning the Surgeon is a ‘Fellow’ of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Specialist Plastic Surgeon who is highly experienced in surgery of the breast and tummy.
- 19 years of expertise in the plastic surgery field, particularly breast augmentation surgery.
- Insists on using high-quality breast implants such as Mentor or Motiva.
- Dr Wyten has skills in fat transfer/fat grafting processes to the breast using liposuction and fat-injecting technologies.
- Can perform both Breast Surgery and Tummy Tuck Surgery for post-pregnancy body reshaping.
Warm, engaging and down to earth, Dr Wyten is highly regarded by her team at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery. Her patients find her creative background a bonus in relation to the artisan customisation of surgery procedures and incision line placements. In other words, she’s not just technically adept – she thinks visually in terms of getting you an aesthetically appealing result.
Meet the REAL Dr Rebecca Wyten – Mum, Wife, Talented Artist and Caring, Precise Surgeon
Watch this video to learn more about the life and work of Dr Rebecca Wyten.
Dr Rebecca Wyten has Clinic Locations in Hawthorn & Berwick serving the Eastern and South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, Australia